To RSVP to the party, click
Please RSVP (required) no later than 5 p.m. Monday, December 27th. If you are bringing a guest, check the "Bringing a guest" box.
Feel free to express your excitement/grievances/feedback in the comments box.
|We are pleased to roll out the 2010 EARS Holiday
Arguably the finest Greek restaurant in Chicago, Greek Islands has long been a fixture in the heart of Greek Town on Halsted street. The party gets started at 8 p.m. and includes cocktails, appetizers, and a mix of 4 classic Greek entrees. We invite you to bring along one guest.
Some lucky So and So will win free raffle prizes
including a pair of Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones
Valet parking is free. Pull up in front of the restaurant on the South side of Adams and give your keys to the valet. (Don't forget to tip the valet on the way out).
Because Greek Islands is a high stylin' classy sorta joint (i.e.... a bit more expensive
) this year we are asking each member and each guest for $15 to attend ...... still a great value all around. You can bring the $15 to the party or click the appropriate button below to pay in advance. But don't let the "classy sorta joint" reference scare you, attire there is casual, (you can still wear your tux if you like).
The evening's menu includes....
Smooth garlic-potato spread, blended with imported extra virgin olive oil
- Home Made Gyros
Slices of ground beef and lamb, seasoned with herb and spices, with pita bread
- Flaming Saganaki Cheese
The finest imported Greek cheese flambéed tableside
(Includes Rice pilaf and potato or baked vegetables (Briami))
- Greek Style sliced Roast Leg of Lamb -
Colorado sliced lamb flavored with au jus sauce.
Baked pasta, ground meat and cheese casserole topped with béchamel sauce
- Vegetarian Mousaka
Baked eggplant, zucchini and potato casserole topped with béchamel sauce
Dessert & Coffee:
- Chicken Riganati
Chicken baked with extra virgin olive oil, herbs, and spices.
- Baklava, Galaktoburiko, Karidopita
And now for the fine print....
- Please RSVP no later than 5 p.m. Monday December 27th by filling in the form to the left.
- As a reminder, the annual EARS Holiday Party is a members only event and your dues must be current to attend.
- You can JOIN or RENEW your membership by clicking the button on the left OR when you arrive at the party.
- If you are unsure of your membership status, click here and send us an inquiry. All memberships renew at the end of October and go for one year until the following October. If you are a new member and joined after April 27th 2010, then your membership is current.
- If you are a Student or Associate Member, you can attend by upgrading to a Professional Membership for $15 (in addition to the $15 for the party). See an EARS official when you arrive.